Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 Alone

Moving forward, always forward.
Beneath the passion of rose petals are brambles who would see me fall.
The cottage door beckons me, but the distance will not close.
Panic sets as the idea is conceived.
The garden is closing in, suffocating my senses with it's seductive elegance.
I search for the sun, but all that remains are it's fleeting rays.
My step finds a knot, and I am falling.
The ground's dense energy finds my face and welcomes it.
The soil is wet and sweet.
Will I never find my way? If I could just reach the cottage.
I rise to find the door right here. Odd, I could have sworn, who cares Im here!
Rad-it rad-it dat, rat tat. I don't wait for an answer.
A rush of hope overwhelms me as I swing the door open,
But a sorry sight awaits.
The floor is broken.
The once quaint furniture, is rubble.
A child's fleeting laughter can almost be heard against the haunting voices of minds long gone.
What's this? Buzz? It's from the floor. Though I am scared I must know.
The edge is violent, splinters point in every direction.
Beyond, is a sea of honey.
It's giant keepers face me.
The sound escalates and numbs my body.
I scream, but no sound can be made.
The army advances toward me.
I turn to leave, but where is the door?
What will I do? They are all around me know.
They cannot wait any longer, they must have me.
I wake.
And hit snooze.

1 comment: